#CommunityCalling for Customer Service Volunteers for the British Red Cross Wheelchair Service in Enniskillen
Each year the BRC hire out over 75k wheelchairs to help people to get around after an injury or illness. In this role you will be welcoming customers and helping them to get moving again.
If you enjoy being in an office environment, are compassionate and like meeting people then this could be the role for you. Volunteers like you provide people in their local community with wheelchairs and other equipment to help them get moving again after an illness or injury. Whether it is to help take a relative out, or take a child to school, it makes a difficult and distressing time a little bit easier. Spread the power of kindness with us and help make sure that everyone who needs one can get a wheelchair.
The British Red Cross need volunteers like you so that that everyone who needs one can get a wheelchair. Each year we hire out or loan over 75,000 wheelchairs to help people to get around after an injury or illness. In this role you will be welcoming customers and helping them to get moving again.
- Giving a warm welcome to customers visiting or phoning the Red Cross
- Helping people wanting to hire a wheelchair or other equipment
- Using a computer-based stock control system
- Showing people how to use equipment
- Taking payments / donations
- Physically able to safely lift or move wheelchairs and other mobility equipment
- Some customer service experience is desirable
- Enjoy meeting people and good people skills
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Good IT skills
- Able to commit to a regular shift on a weekly basis
What’s in it for you
- Meet new people and be part of a dynamic and inclusive team
- A great opportunity to use your existing skills or gain new ones
- An opportunity to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation and the knowledge that you are making a positive difference to people’s lives
- All training and induction for the role
- Reasonable pre-agreed travel expenses for the role including for attending training
Covid-19 Health and Safety Statement
Please note those who are clinically extremely vulnerable or unable to wear a face mask (provided) can only volunteer from home at this time. Unfortunately this means we cannot currently process applications for this role from people in this group.
PLEASE RESPOND BELOW TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST IN THIS CALL