📢 Hourglass needs Helpline Volunteers
ℹ️ If you are compassionate, understanding and have an interest in issues affecting older people please get involved.
Hourglass Helpline volunteers are often the first port of call for vulnerable older people (or perhaps worried family members or carers). They provide a listening ear, emotional support and explore various sources of help.
Hourglass are looking for home based volunteers throughout Northern Ireland. Can you offer your time for just one shift a week ?
You don’t need to be expert in abuse or the support framework for victims – just compassionate, understanding and have an interest in issues affecting older people. They will provide full training, and you’ll have extensive support from staff and other volunteers in the team.
If the following apply to you, then they want to hear from you:
- aged 18 or over;
- enjoy working with older people;
- excellent communication skills;
- can build a rapport with older people, and or people in distress;
- can provide empathy, advice, support or just be someone who can listen;
- willing to undertake comprehensive training to provide you with the relevant knowledge and skills to handle helpline calls.
Hourglass would like you to take calls for a minimum of half a day (4 hours ), at least one day a week (Monday – Friday (09:00-13:00 / 13:00-17:00).
Tasks and responsibilities
Answer helpline calls, providing appropriate information, advice and support to callers
- Respond to helpline email enquiries
- Use of Hourglass IT systems to accurately record caller communications and responses
👋 Get Involved Today!
To receive further information please register below with “Hourglass” in the first field